30 August 2011

100 Things about Me, Continued -- #76-100

76. If money were not an issue for survival (as in, I didn't have to work full-time in order to buy food and have shelter), I would love to stay at home (take care of the house, cook, be a mom) and write. And do something everyday to serve someone outside of my family.

77. If I don't recognize a phone number, I usually don't answer it. I assume that if they want to talk to me, they'll leave a message. Only problem is that my BlackBerry (for some reason beyond all logic and anything that I or the Verizon support staff can determine) often pretends that there's no more room in my voice mail box when there really is. So people have started texting me or calling my office to leave a message on my office phone since my BB is so temperamental. Ugh.

78. Evidence of how much I was in to the New Kids on the Block (besides the plethora of paraphernalia I owned and wore): I bought the cassette tapes or singles of every artist the New Kids worked with or promoted. For example...
  • Rick Wes (I think he was supposed to be some modern-day Elvis?)
  • Perfect Gentlemen (NK's producer Maurice Starr's son was in this group; single "Oh, La, La" was popular)
  • Ana (sang a duet, "Angel of Love," with Jordan Knight)
  • Seiko Matsuda (sang a duet, "The Right Combination," with Donnie Wahlberg)
  • Biscuit (Nk's bodyguard had 1 single, "Biscuit's in the House" [yeah, buddy!] and I choreographed a drill team number to this)
  • Tiffany (did a comeback CD in the early 90s called "New Inside." Donnie, as Dennis Cheese, produced that song)
  • Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch...
  • und so weiter, und so fort
79. My TV is usually set to the Food Network. Or USA network so I can watch reruns of NCIS to my heart's content.

80. My favorite kitchen utensil is my Pampered Chef spatula.

81. If the world ran according to my clock, stores would stay open until at least 11pm, and I wouldn't have to be to work until at least 10am.

82. I am usually late to appointments (even though I try very hard not to be). Just plan on that.

83. My favorite LDS apostle to listen to was/is Elder Neal A. Maxwell. I loved how lyrical his messages were--so beautiful and captivating. And he packed so much into each packet of words: like a matryoshka doll, you could keep opening them up and find more and more inside.

84. I read the Book of Mormon at least once a year--and each time I start with a fresh copy of the book, I look for a different theme as I'm reading. This year the theme is finding power in my relationship with Jesus Christ.

85. My favorite hymn in the current LDS hymnal is "Lead, Kindly Light" (#97).

86. On a typical day at work, I have an average of 4-5 hours of meetings. Out of my 8+ hour work day. (You do the math on how productive that would allow me to be outside of the meetings.) Hence, I usually am working through meetings when I don't have to pay attention to the discussion.

87. I think it would be adorable if my future husband proposed to me by asking "Will you occupy line 2 on my family group sheet?" I saw that in a cartoon once, and it made me laugh until I almost cried. What a nerdy proposal. Seems like it would fit me! LOL

88. If I were a crayon color, I would be macaroni and cheese.

89. When I was 6 years old, I thought that Skeletor lived in my bedroom and came out at night. I refused to sleep there by myself--not if He-man wasn't going to be there to protect me!


90. I'm a total "poser": If I know the camera is going to be clicking, I will make a crazy pose. Like this (photo to the right). I'm doing...what exactly? Who knows! It's like a "ta da! I have tape! Aren't I cool?!" kind of pose.

91. Someday when I'm an old lady, I want to rock a lilac-colored bob. That'd be awesome!

92. The best Halloween costume I ever wore was of  a granny genealogist, complete with curly grey wig, glasses on a chain, polyester pants, a fanny pack, and a t-shirt that said "I've lost my Census."

93. Typically, I get 4-5 hours of sleep per night. I could probably use about 2-3 hours/night more.

94. I take pictures of each hotel room I stay in. And of the food I eat (per Em's instructions). This helps my travels not blur into each other (as much...).

95. My food rule when traveling: If at all possible, do not eat at any establishment you can do so at home. I love to try local dishes and local restaurants.

96. My favorite Food Network show is Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.

97. I talked to Brad Pitt's grandma on the phone as per one of my work assignments. That's my claim to fame, haha!

98. According to the Clifton Strengths Finder 2.0 test, the following are my top 5 strengths:

99.  I like odd numbers of things, usually ending with a "7."

100. I loooooove trains and subways!
The ICE train from Vienna to Regensburg, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment