04 August 2010

God Delights to Bless Us

As I write this post, tears are streaming down my face. Tears of joy. Tears of gratitude. Why? Because Heavenly Father caused a miracle to occur in my friend's life. A miracle that only *He* could've accomplished. I feel overcome with gratitude for what He did for my friend.

And, because it is His way, in blessing my friend, He also blessed me. Blessed me with understanding about who He is--that He *IS* a God of miracles and that it is by faith that these miracles come to pass.

For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith. -- 2 Nephi 27:23
Seeing this miracle in my friend's life has also confirmed to me that God really does want to bless us--that He even delights to work miracles in our lives. 
Hearken and hear, O ye my people, saith the Lord and your God, ye whom I delight to bless with the greatest of all blessings, ye that hear me.... -- D&C 41:1

1 comment:

  1. I truly love Him and am more blessed for drawing unto him. You have great love for others and it warms my heart. Thank you for your honesty in shining!

    ReplyDelete