06 May 2010

"Uncle!"

Today has been one of those days--the kind of harried day that seems to continue indefinitely (and yet I feel like I didn't accomplish anything on my "to do" list). The kind of day that didn't have horribly, devastatingly bad things...but didn't really have much good in it either. The kind of day where Survival Mode was the *only* option and The Wall came up, even around my close friends. The kind of day that ends in tears of frustration and a sense of hopelessness. (I'm drowning in tears of hopelessness.)

That's the kind of day I've had.

So, I give up. I. Give. Up. I'm done. Finished. I call "Uncle!" and surrender. I don't have anything left. Nothing. The camel's back has long been broken by the weight of the straw. I can't give anymore or try anymore. My faith feels non-existent, my fears are overtaking me--choking me, suffocating me--and I've used up every last ounce of trust, faith, hope, and belief. I'm empty.

SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment