03 May 2010

A 'Two-fer' on Miracles

It's difficult for me to wrap my mind around the idea that Heavenly Father would be willing to perform a tiny, needed miracle (e.g. helping me get through a difficult meeting, enabling me to do my visiting teaching when I have a migraine, etc). Anything bigger than that...well, I know He is capable of much, much more than I allow Him to do in my life (unfortunately). In an earlier post about impossible miracles I lamented about this topic; shortly after writing that post, I read this idea postulated by Leslie Householder that started to change my idea of miracles and their possibilities.
Think big! Create a new idea for your life that is so big that it scares you! A big miracle is no more difficult for God to perform than a small one.... And the beautiful thing is that it doesn't take twice as long to accomplish twice as much. If a woman is pregnant with twins, she does not have to wait eighteen months, in fact she will probably deliver a month sooner than a mother carrying one child.
Stop and consider the possible lesson in that law of nature! Could God be telling you that you can do more than you ever thought possible? It doesn't take twice as much effort to accomplish twice as much....

DON'T limit your results by deciding how long something should take. Just be at peace knowing it is truly coming....
Leslie Householder, Hidden Treasures: Heaven's Astonishing Help With Your Money Matters (Mesa, Arizona: ThoughtsAlive Books, 2007) 155. Purple text added for emphasis; bold in the original text.

No comments:

Post a Comment