20 August 2009

Mindfully Leading Us Along

This morning as I was walking to work, I thought about how the Lord had prepared the way for me to be ready and available to accept the employment I have now. The situation was (is) quite miraculous. Until this experience occurred, I wasn't quite sure that the Lord was mindful of me and what was going on in my life.

As I am learning, that is not the case at all. The Lord is exceedingly mindful of us. Too often, however, we don't stop and recognize the intricacy of the Lord's plan for us--how He leads us here because we need to learn this, and then He allows this to happen so we can be prepared for something else to occur, etc.
President Eyring taught about this concept and suggested that we trust the Lord will prepare us and lead us where He needs us to be:
Your life is carefully watched over, as was mine. The Lord knows both what He will need you to do and what you will need to know. He is kind and He is all-knowing. So you can with confidence expect that He has prepared opportunities for you to learn in preparation for the service you will give. You will not recognize those opportunities perfectly, as I did not. But when you put the spiritual things first in your life, you will be blessed to feel directed toward certain learning, and you will be motivated to work harder. You will recognize later that your power to serve was increased, and you will be grateful.
-- President [then Elder] Henry B. Eyring, "Education for Real Life," Ensign, Oct. 2002, 18-19 (emphasis added).
The Lord knew years ago (and even before then) that I needed employment and educational experiences to prepare me for this job to become available (during the middle of a hiring freeze, I might add--talk about nothing being impossible with the Lord!). And He knows at this moment what experiences I need to prepare me for future blessings and opportunities. I hope I can remember what He has done for me and have the courage to trust that He knows where we are going--and just let Him do the driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment