14 August 2009

Seriously Fun

As I was reading the first few blog posts I thought, "important to share...but setting a very serious tone to the blog." You will learn a few things about me if you read this blog enough: 1) I see life through a spiritual lens (what I can learn about myself, the Gospel, the Savior, how I can improve, etc)--hence the genesis of the first two blog posts; and 2) I am the funniest person you will know (seriously...not kidding about that). I'm a great combination of spiritual and sassy.

I loved to hear the anecdotes from the late President Gordon B. Hinckley; he knew how to balance the serious with having a sense of good humor.

We need to have a little humor in our lives. We better take seriously that which should be taken seriously, but at the same time we can bring in a touch of humor now and again. If the time ever comes when we can't smile at ourselves, it will be a sad time.

President Gordon B. Hinckley, Church News interview with Mike Cannon, in Dublin, Ireland, Sept. 1, 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment