15 July 2008

My New Obsession

I've never been what you might call a "fashionista" or "fashion forward" or anything of the sort. I'm mostly just a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl: comfort before fashion.

But lately I've been feeling the urgency to "pull myself together" more--to wear makeup daily (instead of just on Sundays), to dress nicely and more professionally (no flip flops at the office!), etc. I realize how much better I feel about myself when I do these things...and how different I act when I don't wear makeup and don't care about what I look like.

I like the me I am when I feel beautiful. I can even start to believe that maybe (just maybe) Heavenly Father might actually love me too.

Quite serendipitously, I stumbled upon lia sophia jewelry, a direct sales company touting the slogan "for the love of jewelry." My friend Becky invited me to her lia sophia party. I'd heard about the jewelry before, but I never gave much credence to the company because I thought, how much different can this jewelry be from others I've seen?

Well, there's a night and day difference! And after trying on jewelry for an evening, I fell in love with lia sophia jewelry. I loved the way the simplest necklace and/or earrings could help me feel so polished and "together"--and how beautiful I felt when I saw myself wearing that jewelry!

I hosted my own show recently and fell more in love with the jewelry. I'm afraid I spent too much...but I bought pieces for me and my friends and family. I want them to feel beautiful, too!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for lia sophia!! I'm so glad you came to my party and that you left feeling so good about yourself--and so beautiful after trying on such fine jewelry! I had a similar "wake-up call" at the first party I attended, and that's why I got so hooked. I am definitely a customer for life :)

    ReplyDelete